Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day



 I always remembered the little quote that some of my friends wrote in my autograph book when I was back at primary school
 
The Rose is red
The violets blue
Sugar is sweet and so are you.
Friendship is one of the best kind of love we can share.
Thank you for being such sweet friends and happy to have made so many wonderful friends here and just want to say I am grateful.
Do you do have plans or anything special for Valentines Day, ....go out to dinner or cook a meal at home?
We will cook a meal together, DH will barbecue a fillet of beef and I will roast potato with garlic and rosemary with fresh green beans and peas out of the pod.
Also as there is an abundance of fresh fruit in season will do this very simple, but delicious dessert.

Roasted Fresh Fruit
1 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries halves
Cherries, or plums pitted and in half
2 Nectarines
3 tablespoons castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of white wine
vanilla icecream to serve.

Preheat oven to 180oC. Place fruit in a baking dish.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon then pour over the wine.
Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour until the fruit is tender
Cool slightly and serve with vanilla icecream or softly whipped cream and fresh mint sprigs to garnish.

Enjoy the rest of the week
Sending you my love
Carolyn x

16 comments:

  1. My dearest Carolyn,
    wishing you a Happy Valentinsday too!
    Lots of Love, Claudia xoxox
    Thank you for your kind mail, will answer soon! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, friendship is one of best ways to show love. Such a pretty post and thank you for sharing your recipe. It looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's day sweet friend.
    Love hugs and kisses and glorious wishes.
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Caroline, Happy Valentines day - you will have a most wonderful evening starting with delicious food and then this beautiful dessert . Thank you for years of lovely friendship , my dear .
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, You are such a sweet spirited woman. May you have a blessed Valentine's Day! God bless. I always reading your blog and hearing from you. Hugs,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds you're gonna having a very lovely and relaxing Valentines Day!
    And the meal you've planned sounds delicious!
    Happy Valentines Day, sweetie!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Carolyn,
    I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day! Your receipe sounds very delicious! :-)
    Hugs from here, Traude <3
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2019/02/februar-impressionen.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a popular little poem when I was in school, too. :) We don't actually do anything special for the day anymore. I gave a bunch of crochet hearts away and that act itself was very satisfying. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day. I like the sound of your fresh fruit recipe with a delicious combination of fruit to enjoy. My go-to pudding at the moment is Greek yoghurt, honey and fresh fruit, usually slices of banana. Wishing you a lovely weekend dear blog friend. xxL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm...that sound delicious.....love ❤️love ❤️ love ❤️ love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have never heard of roasted fresh fruit before, sounds Yummy! Your red roses are so pretty. You know how much I love them. I also want to thank you for your blog friendship, Carolyn, and for your sweet and wonderful posts that you share with us.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, Carolyn. I have that exact same verse in my memory book, this took me back.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy S.Valentine's day!!! Beautiful flowers for this romantic celebration
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carolyn- That fruit dish sounds decadent. lol Love the flowers and a belated Happy Valentine's Day. Have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Carolyn,
    Sounds like you both knew how to create a lovey at home Valentine's Dinner!
    We stayed home and nothing special.
    Sending you love,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  16. what beautiful roses and the fruit dish sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Draffin Bears.
It always makes me happy to read your comments
and I look forward to visiting you.


Carolyn xx