Saturday, January 31, 2009

5 things we won't relinquish in a recession.



There was a survey that was conducted in Britian and the top 5 things they would not relinquish in a recession.

1 Broadband ~ to have access to the information superhighway, is such a neat thing.

2 Fresh fruit and vegetables ~ striving for those five portions of fruit and vegetables aday and unwilling to give up their greens.

3 Mobile phones ~ Lovely to be able to keep in touch anywhere, anytime with family and friends.

4 Home Telephone ~ Once again, always nice to have someone call you on the phone or to reach others.

5 Chocolate ~ chocolate is one of those indulgences you can afford to give into, especially after a long day at work or a stressful week.

I hope that you are having a pleasant weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn...Oh, I agree with all of them...especially the chocolate! I think communication is so important...being able to keep in touch somehow keeps you sane...and did I mention chocolate can do the same thing...keep you sane!

    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wonder how we ever coped without all this technology ah. I think I could live without them if I really had too, chocolate I need to live without but fresh fruit and veges... I'd be digging up my back lawn if I had too. Crisp lettuce salad or stir fry with mushrooms.. yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say I agree w/ 4/5 of those! I've already relinqueshed one of them a while ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the chocolate! We went on a budget recently and I told my husband that I would not give up tea, wine, or Crabtree & Evelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on the money! I heard one of the first things people give up is their daily Starbucks. Chocolate over coffee, definitely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in total agreement. While I could easily get rid of my cellphone, I rarely use it, and if I didn't have a daughter, I wouldn't have one at all. Anyway, champagne truffles? Wow! I could eat the whole box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hardly ever use my cell phone but it is good to be able to keep in contact with daughter and son.

    I am with you there with the Champagne truffles, it would not be hard to do.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. *giggle!* chocolate! Isn't that the truth?!! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Draffin Bears.
It always makes me happy to read your comments
and I look forward to visiting you.


Carolyn xx