Saturday, November 23, 2013

Downtown Auckland


It was a stunning day in downtown Auckland and I could not resist taking a few shots down at the ferry terminal and wharf, where many people were out and about enjoying the lovely weather.
I always enjoy looking up at the grand old Lady, the Auckland ferry building ~ love the Edwardian baroque architecture.
The beautiful sky was a brilliant blue and one of those days where you have to pinch yourself that you are not dreaming.
My DH took me out to lunch and we dined at Euro which is one of my favourite restaurants -  I had the starter of whitebait fritters, which was most delicious. The restaurant is situated on Princes Wharf and this is what you look out on. At the left of the picture you can see the Sky Tower, where there is a Restaurant which overlooks the City.
The Spirit of New Zealand was docked at the wharf
















It is the weekend ... go and enjoy it!
Hope you have some 'me' time to relax and do the things you enjoy.
hugs
Carolyn
{ Couldn't resist changing the picture to and antique look, maybe how it may have looked back when sailing ships were the norm}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Draffin Bears.
It always makes me happy to read your comments
and I look forward to visiting you.


Carolyn xx