Thursday, December 14, 2017

Busy time of the year




The lead up to the end of year is always hectic and that is why I have not been around here much.
Sorry I have not been to visit you but looking forward to coming over to say hello soon.

The end is in sight for the building work around our place and this week saw some outside steps and raised garden beds in which I planted some herbs, tomatoes and a passionfruit vine in it, so hopefully we will have some rainfall to keep everything healthy.
We have enjoyed having our daughter home for a few days and she left yesterday to go back to her apartment in the City.

                                                               



Last night we went to Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam's ) concert and it was wonderful.
It was one of my dreams to see him and when he turned his back on the music industry and gave it all up and stopped performing, did not think that would happen.
The show started off with a background set of a stylised London train station which set the scene well for his early days growing up in London.
Then he invited us up to a mock up of the attic in the family home, where we saw some of his treasures and he shared stories of his life.

All the old favourites, Father and Son, Wild World, Peace Train, Moonshadow and Remember the days in the old school yards, were some of the wonderful songs he played - his soulful voice sounded remarkable and unchanged from all those years ago.
The great part about it, the crowd sang along with him  as we knew all the old tunes and if you closed your eyes it transported you back to 1971.
The final song 'Morning has broken' and one I have always loved and played on the piano, was a wonderful end to the evening.
Have you ever been lucky to attend one of Cat Stevens concerts?

Hope all is well with you and the lead up to the end of the year is relaxed and calm.


Will leave you will some pretty peonies and hope your week is going well and wishing you a happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

23 comments:

  1. Oh, my deaerst Carolyn,
    Cat Stevens, he is my favorite Songwriter since I was a really young girl !I so wished, I could have been with you ;O)
    Thank you for this lovely post, have a great rest of the week and take care, my dear friend!
    Much Love and hugs, Claudia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays, darling!
    Gorgeous pics!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved Cat Stevens and seen on in concert on tv this past week. I wore out my Tea for the Tillerman album when growing up. It brought back wonderful memories for us all. Songs and music a constant healing balm. Merry Christmas my friend. Love and hugs and smiles across the miles Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cat Stevens concert sounds wonderful, dear Carolyn. Most of the tunes popped up in my mind immediately. His voice is really special. I had no idea that he's back on stage.
    It's great that you were able to spend some time with your daughter. Have a lovely rest of the week!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carolyn,
    I am so happy you got to see Cat Stevens. It is always wonderful when you get to see an artist you love so much...especially when you thought it would not happen.
    Happy holidays and a big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Carolyn,
    No doubt you have enjoyed the concert of Cat Stevens. He was born of a Swedish mother and Greek father as Steven Demetre Georgiou.
    So why change his name after he changed religion?
    No, I've never been to any of his concerts!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems you had busy but great time Carolyn!
    I'm happy for you, I bet you had lot of fun at the concert! ^^
    Nice pics, your peonies are so beautiful! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pionees and a happy weekend...love Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. London is a wonderful city. Thanks for the marvellous tour.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE London and my favourite song? Morning has broken...of course!
    Have a happy time and take care.
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pionees. Beautiful pictures
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! Cat Stevens is a treasure. I'm glad to hear he's still performing. And thank you for the splash of peonies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carolyn, So glad for you to be coming to an end to your building work at your home. I know it is time consuming. I love Cat Stevens too and always been a fan. The concert had to be incredible. We recently saw a performance on PBS TV and he sang all the old songs along with telling his story and why behind so many things he went through. It was a great TV concert and we loved watching it. I can only imagine in person how wonderful it would be.
    So happy you had your daughter home for a few days. I'm sure that is always an enjoyable time together.
    Wishing you and your sweet family a very Merry Christmas.
    Sending hugs your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for beautiful peonies. I wish you a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Dear Carolyn, so glad to hear that you had some time with your dear daughter. It is always hard to say goodbye, I know. I love the music of Cat Stevens, but I have never seen him in concert. How wonderful that you had that experience. So interesting about the backdrops and the sharing of his childhood. Your new garden sounds wonderful! Aren't those peonies the most gorgeous color, too. Sending you and your family many Christmas blessings. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Carolyn,
    it sounds like a miracle - Yusuf Islam playing all his wonderful Cat-Stevens-Songs! I also like his music very much since so many years and didn't know that he is back on stage with his old songs.
    I wish you a wonderful Christmas time, my dear! Lots of hugs from here,
    Traude

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas, Carolyn. Peace be with you this season and always.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Cat Stevens concert sounds like an amazing experience, Carolyn, good for you. Happy Holidays!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, the Cat Stevens concert sounds brilliant, I've always liked his music.
    Those peonies are such a wonderful colour.

    My good wishes to you and yours for the Christmas Season.
    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello dear friend! Been thinking about you. Sounds like you have been having lots of fun! Merry Christmas!
    Hugs and friends,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Cat Stevens concert sounds wonderful and has inspired me to listen to some of those old songs again! It must be a relief that all the building working is almost complete. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Draffin Bears.
It always makes me happy to read your comments
and I look forward to visiting you.


Carolyn xx