Saturday, March 8, 2014

Floral Friday ~ flowers that make me smile

When Trishie gave us the theme for floral Friday, it was to showcase some flowers that make us happy.
I must say I have a little bit of an obsession with fresh flowers,  whether they are picked from the garden, growing wild on the side of the road or even splurging, on a little treat with the grocery budget.

I immediately thought of the freesia and have fond memories ... transported me back to my childhood days when I used to go and stay with my grandparents for some of my school holidays.
Grandma's garden was beautiful and she always grew the soft creamy lemon coloured freesias  and we would go and pick them and bring them indoors to put in a vase ... ahhh! the fragrance was so gorgeous.

Nothing screams Springtime more, than a bunch of bright yellow daffodils - such a cheerful flower as winter is all over with...  Spring is the herald of summer, with warmer and sunnier days ahead.

I couldn't forget the Paris flower shops, they have to be the best and  every time I passed by one, wanted to get out my camera and take a photo ~the French just seem to do flowers so well.

Last but not least, the camellia bushes I have growing ~ these flowers I adore and for about two months they bloom so beautifully in the garden and  always like to bring some of these into the house to show them off.
These are a few of the flowers that make me happy.

Hope you take the time to smell the flowers!
Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
Carolyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Draffin Bears.
It always makes me happy to read your comments
and I look forward to visiting you.


Carolyn xx