Saturday, November 9, 2013

The old China cabinet




The very first home we bought, the previous owners had left this old china cabinet with lead light glass, that was surplus to their needs.
I love the style but it was an old dark brown, rather boring looking piece and this look had to go. I had always intended doing something with it and I forgot to take a before photo, sorry.
So the other day she got a little face lift with a coat of Annie Sloan chalk paint - the hardest thing was choosing what colour to use. French linen was the colour I opted for and love this paint - one that you do not need to do an undercoat and that it goes on so beautifully and does not have a strong odour like some paints do when you are painting.
So happy with how it looks and it has given it a new lease of life.

Pretty blooms of pink and white stock are giving a sweet fragrance to the lounge - love the gentle hues. These flowers remind me so much when I was a little girl, as my Mother often grew them in the garden, they made such a gorgeous show with all the lovely colours.

Hope you have a happy weekend and thank you for visiting me and the comments you leave.
I look forward to coming over to say hello to you all.
hugs
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Draffin Bears.
It always makes me happy to read your comments
and I look forward to visiting you.


Carolyn xx